Additions - Get More From Your Home
Wanting more space isn't a recent trend -- however, studies now show that homeowners are finding that extra space by upgrading their existing homes, not by trading up for larger ones (and the debt that comes with it). A greyHouse-designed and built addition not only increases the resale value of your property, but also improves the livability and enjoyment of the place you already call home.
Additions will certainly add livability and personality to a home, and because their functions cover the full spectrum of living purposes they're a good option for homeowners to consider when searching for more square footage. Not only will an addition offer a wonderful new space to enjoy that is customized to fit your wants and needs, it will also give your existing home new personality - and a big boost in market value. Common projects include:
No two homes are alike, and no two additions are either -- so don't let other builders try to tell you they are. In fact, one of the greatest advantages of an addition is the complete customization of the space, because it can (and will) be designed exclusively for your lifestyle. When you work with greyHouse there is a single focus that starts with the engineering of the design: you, the homeowner. Your vision, your style, your taste and purpose for the space...and also your comfort, time, needs and circumstances. After all, an addition is a big endeavor, so with a project like this we go beyond the stages of normal planning to ensure the process is efficient.
What are the advantages of a home addition?
- Instead of worrying about selling, you get the space you need out of your home. No uprooting your family, packing belongings or leaving memories behind!
- You can completely customize the new space to suit your needs, wants and style. Every piece that's put in place can be specified by you!
What should I look for, or avoid, when searching for a general contractor to manage my addition project?
- Most importantly, your general contractor needs to be licensed. You should also check to see who the qualifier is within the company (the individual(s) who actually hold the license - is it the person who will be working with you on your project?). You can search the database of licensed general contractors in Raleigh and the State of North Carolina here.
- Your general contractor should be willing and readily available to provide you with proof of insurance (and you should request it before beginning your project).
- An addition is a big project, and your general contractor should be able to prove he/she can prioritize accordingly. This starts with the first meeting...it's a good indication of what will follow down the road.
- Additions are as individual and unique as the people living in them, and should never be built for anything but. If a contractor tries to push you into choosing from a list of "options" for your addition, its a good indication that additions - and your personal interest - aren't their focus or area of expertise.
Why choose greyHouse for my home addition or home remodeling project?
- greyHouse Inc. is a Licensed Residential and Building Contractor in the State of North Carolina. License #70042.
- ALL greyHouse Owners & Project Managers are licensed general contractors in the state of North Carolina, so you're guaranteed the people involved with your project on a day-to-day basis are qualified for the work.
- All greyHouse Owners are NASCLA Accredited and have passed the National Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors. This is the highest level of licensing.
- greyHouse is fully insured with Workman's Compensation, General Liability, Umbrella Liability, and Automobile Insurance policies. Please don't hesitate to request documentation when meeting with your greyHouse representative.
- As a Design-Build company, we can handle your addition project turnkey. Upon browsing our website you'll find our scope of work includes all the individual pieces an addition calls for in a single project. To read more about our most famous addition, the Grey House Project, click here.
Do you think your new custom home addition or room addition may require you to upgrade your HVAC system?
Whether you are installing energy star windows, re-insulating your attic, or even upgrading your HVAC system, the experienced team at greyHouse is here to help. As a Progress Energy Pre-Qualified Contractor, working with greyHouse qualifies you for cash rebates on energy efficient home remodeling projects and products. These rebates are only avialable to consumers working with a remodeling contractor who has been screened, trained, and approved by Progress Energy to perform energy efficient home improvements. Let the staff at greyHouse not only make changes to your home that reduce your energy bills but also put cash back in your pocket!
To learn more about the Progress Energy Pre-Qualified Contractor Program and the rebates that are available through greyHouse, click here.
Contact greyHouse Inc. today at 919-834-7991 or by filling out the form below and schedule an in-home consultation! Interested in a home remodeling or renovation project to accompany your new room addition? Check out our full line of interior and exterior services!
Have a question or want to schedule a free in-home consultation?
Fill out the quick contact form on the left and a greyHouse expert will contact you as soon as possible.